I’ve always enjoyed cooking and spending time in the kitchen. It’s a fun way for me to exercise my creativity a bit. Plus, who doesn’t appreciate a good homemade meal?! While my time spent in the kitchen has greatly decreased (for the time being, I hope!), I still have a few gadgets and things that I use regularly. We get our Home Chef delivery every week, so we’re making at least three dinners at home each week. When I have the time and energy, I like to bake something or try a new recipe for a dessert to have around!
Here are some of my favorite things that we have in our kitchen:
- KitchenAid Mixer – I’ve had this mixer for years and still use it regularly. We recently used the pasta attachment to make homemade pasta, which was so good. It would be a great item to add to a wedding registry!
- Lazy susan – These are great for organizing your pantry, cabinets, or refrigerator. We have one in each of those places! For the pantry, I put various cooking oils and bottled goods on it. In our cabinet, I have some spices and random ingredients, like Tabasco sauce. In our fridge, it holds our jars and bottles, like salad dressing and pre-chopped garlic. It’s a great way to save on space and actually have access to everything! You can also get a two-tiered one.
- Oil bottle – We have one right next to our stovetop, which makes it super easy to access and use while cooking.
- Utensil rest – We got this as a wedding gift over 3 years ago and still use it every single day! It’s great for holding multiple cooking utensils, as well as preventing a messy countertop. You can just throw it in the dishwasher for cleaning.
- Silicone utensil set – I have a set like this from the Williams Sonoma outlet store a couple years ago that we use every day! I love the silicone and that they’re just one piece – nothing can come apart while stirring.
- Mixing bowl set – Another wedding gift we got back in 2017 that we use regularly. I love the different sizes – they’re great for prep or mixing up large salads, etc. I also love these, which come with lids!
- Silicone baking sheets – There are a recent addition to our kitchen, but so far, I love them! They cut down my use of tin foil and are very easy to wash.
- Marble tray – We have this right next to our stovetop, which holds our oil bottles and salt and pepper grinders. It’s pretty and functional! Here’s a smaller, more budget-friendly option.
- Citrus juicer – Seriously, if you don’t have one of these, order one now. If you ever, and I mean ever, use lemon or lime juice for anything, this will make all the difference in the world. You get so much more juice out of them and don’t have to cover your hand in juice.
- Oil bottle – Just like our olive oil bottle, we have another one with vegetable oil. (I know, I know, coconut or avocado oil are better, but I can’t get past the taste of them)
- Large containers – I keep these in our pantry with flour and sugars in them. I love how big they are to accommodate a lot of the flour/sugar and to be able to scoop out of with measuring cups!
- Splatter guard – I got these a couple years ago and we still use them. If you’re every frying or sautéing anything that makes a mess on your stove, these splatter guards work great. A microwave splatter cover is also a must!
- Flexible cutting boards – I love this type of cutting board. They’re easy to use, can be folded to pour ingredients into wherever they’re going, and don’t take up a bunch of storage space.